The N.A.F Co-op (North Auckland Farming Co-Operative) building, established in the 1940s at the heart of Warkworth’s township, has undergone a pragmatic renovation. Formerly a shared tenancy retail space, the building had lost its original charm over the years. Various alterations had taken a toll, leading to the removal of features like the street front parapet and sawtooth roof line. The opportunity to draw inspiration from the building’s original design paved the way for a minimalistic character aesthetic. This not only preserves the historical essence of the structure but also ensures its commercial viability and longevity. The result is a well-balanced refurbishment that is versatile and ready to accommodate new tenants for years to come.
Photograph above supplied by Auckland’s War Memorial Museum, circa 1940, by Tudor Collins.
Renovation by Pacific Environments: